Yuzu Chiffon Cake

Many of my colleagues visited Seoul, Korea this year. Everytime one of them announced that she is going Korea, I will ask them to help look for Yuzu jam. You see, there was a Yuzu or Honey Citron craze for the past months. Alot of posts on Yuzu cakes on blogs etc. Well, they couldn't find it in Korea. So one day when I was at Tampines One, I bought myself a super huge jar of concentrated Yuzu jam. Heh..but but but I did not start my project immediately. I waited and procrastinated.
Finally..I got bored and decided to stop procrastinating. After all, chiffon cake is pretty fast and simple to bake. Recipe is adapted from Kevin Chai's book (you can choose any chiffon recipe and tweak them accordingly).




Yuzu / Honey Citron Tea Chiffon Cake

Egg Batter
- 5 egg yolks (65g each)
- 55g yuzu tea mixture
- 80ml corn oil
- 80ml yuzu juice (I use 2 tsp of yuzu mixture and top up water to 80ml)
- 130g cake flour

Meringue
- 5 egg whites
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 75g caster sugar

How?
- Preheat oven at 160C
- Whisk egg yolk and yuzu tea mixture until well combined
- Add in corn oil and yuzu juice. Mix well.
- Sift in cake flour. Mix till all flour combined. Put aside.
- In a clean bowl, beat egg whites with cream of tartar until frothy.
- Add in sugar gradually.
- Continue to beat until just before stiff peak.
- Take 1/3 of egg whites and mix well with yuzu batter (use whisk).
- Repeat the above step with remaining egg whites. Fold gently.
- Pour into a 20cm tube pan. Give it a few knock.
- Bake for 50 - 60 mins or until inserted skewer comes out clean.

 


Can you see how fine and soft the chiffon texture is? Awesome!!

No comments: