I have yet to decide on Zach's gift. As for hb's I'll skip his since I got him a fairly expensive gift for anniversary so that will make up for Christmas and our customary anniversary.
New Year means I've gotta come out with new resolutions!! Muahaha.. Let's recap last year's resolution:
1. More bags & shoes - check!! Acquired more than 2 bags n 10 pairs of shoes but how come I dun see my shoe collection growing??
2. Lose weight - arrghh.. This did not happen! My weight was stagnant at 53kg.. Stubborn! Now I can't lose anymore because I'm expecting!
3. Stay healthy & happy - fail! Wasn't happy because of work.. N when not happy I get migraine which means not healthy.
Ignore the above!! Haha.. For 2011 I must:
1. Lose all my pregnancy weight by exercising!!
2. Learn how to roller-blade. Been wanting to learn but always too shy.
3. Make sure I save at least 45% of my salary. That also means no more cards spending! 45% will include joint-savings, employee share options, investments and fixed deposits!! Does that mean I can spend money like water like wat I've been doing everyday? Haha.. NO!!
4. Save enough cash for upfront payment for us to purchase a private property. I'm thinking of one for investment or rental yield purposes and then renovate our current nest.
5. Stay healthy! Be happy! More patience towards hubby, Zach and the new baby..
6. Oh.. How can I forget?? MORE HOLIDAYS!! I must go Japan nxt year. I don't care if it's to Tokyo or Hokkaido. I juz want my feet to step on their soil! Lol..
Boring entry.. Some pix to brighten it.
Our Christmas tree
Zach testing all Ikea's chair!
Little blue box inspired tree
Zach built this! He even catered a space for the little man to seat!
I am a fair person..in due time I will create one for the baby just not now cos I am still in my first tri and I am feeling so tired all the time and not to mention I feel FAT despite not eating like a cow!
1. Work - things went horribly wrong to the extend I left a meeting halfway and packed my stuff n stay home for 2 days!
2. Work - I tendered my resignation soon after. Felt at top of the world with no burden no worries. I cannot be an executor.. Give me salary and I want to make sure the things I delivered are of good quality!! That's me.. Hence I felt I can't continue
Yeap!! I am 6 weeks pregnant.. Could it be the reason I'm so charged up n more irritant than usual??
4. Work - after doing my sums with hubby n not wanting to sacrifice on things materially coupled with insistent talk by 3 bosses, I retracted my letter. Not a smart move but I hope I can 'tong' till march at least to get my bonus. Doubt it'll be alot after all that has happened but any money is better than no Money.
I had to keep this pregnancy a hush hush for the time being, something I'm not very happy with cos I've decided to transfer to another team within the same dept and I'm not sure how my new little Boss will take the news. Sigh..
Told hb this morning, when I was pregnant way back in 2008, I also had to keep the news under wrap cos my boss is not exactly pro-family. This time round, the same thing again!! Why can't I proudly say I'M PREGNANT! And everyone will be congratulating instead? Maybe then I'll have a full term baby instead of delivering at 37 weeks because my mind is worrying any how other think!!
Can I for once make myself happy? Hmm..
Hb booked The Greenhouse (again!) for dinner but was canned by me cos the food wasn't fantastic to start with. So it's to
Shangri La where the oysters were super big n fresh! Food selection was great.. Not much appetite no thanks to my sprained neck while carrying Zach during class. But Zach ate alot.. Till he threw in the bib. Lol
A surprise mini cake for me!
Next year will be a much better celebration.. I promise!
Inspired by her Cotton Soft Cheesecake, I attempted to bake one for my dad's birthday! It was a near disaster.. the cake was practically in the oven for 12 hrs! Hahaha.. I attempted the 2nd time earlier this week and this time round, I made a real small cake and I finish it on my own..that spells FAT. It was a success..Happy! Next time I will bake the same cake again and decorate it..
recipe from here)
Hubby suggested this place after work today to wind down. We're both stressed at work recently.
Breathtaking view from 71st floor! Awesome!!
I too wanted to jump into this bandwagon n I consider myself far fr amateur. Haha..
Using my trusted iPhone camera to capture the breathtaking Singapore's financial district.
And there's always idiot-proof app that helps to make the photos look artsy-fartsy.
Awfully Chocolate Banana Cake (adapted from Aunty Yochana)
Prep time: 15minutes
Chocolate Sponge Cake
4 egg yolk
100g castor sugar
120g self raising flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
50g corn oil
1 tsp vanilla essence
30g cocoa powder + 120g hot water - stir till smooth
4 egg white
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
60g (50g) castor sugar
1. Put (A) into a mixing bowl and mix them well.
2. Pour in cocoa mixture and stir till smooth.
3. Whip egg white and cream of tartar together till frothy (about 30s) on speed 2.
4. Add in sugar and continue whip for 2 minutes till soft peak (not stiff peak else it will be difficult to fold).
5. Take 1/3 of the egg white mixture and mix into the chocolate mixture. Mix well.
6. Pour the chocolate mixture into the remaining egg white and fold gently. Becareful not to overmix or the egg white will deflate and the cake will sink)
7. Pour mixture into a 9" cake pan (square or round) and bake at 175C for 50minutes or when inserted skewer comes out clean.
8. Leave on wire rack to cool.
400g (300g) Whip Cream
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 tbsp gelatine + 4tbsp water - microwave for 20 seconds
50g cocoa powder + 80g (50g) icing sugar
1 1/2 tbsp Nescafe + 1 1/2 hot water
1 tbsp baileys or tia maria (I omit this)
2 large ripe Del Monte Bananas - slice thickly
1. Beat whip cream till soft peak
2. Mix all the ingredients together
1. Slice the sponge cake into 3 layer.
2. Spread chocolate mousse on the first layer, arrange sliced bananas and spread another layer of chocolate mousse to cover.
3. Top with second layer of sponge cake and repeat (2).
4. Cover the cake with remaining mousse and let it set in fridge for an hour or so.
35g cocoa powder
50g (30g) castor sugar
150g whip cream
80g cooking chocolate - I use white chocolate
1. Double-boil all the ingredient above till it thickens and become a smooth batter.
2. Let it cool completely before pouring it onto the cake
*measurement in bracket is the one I used - I prefer to reduce the sugar for health reason.
Oct - workwise I am having UAT till 29th..which means I will continue to be working late till 8pm/9pm and then gotta rush home to spend some time with Zach
personal life, gotta attend hb's convocation (finally!) and then we have a 3d2n staycation at St Regis (can't wait for that!!)
Nov - workwise I have to prepare for product launch on 21 Nov (if that's still possible) and mabbe gotta travel to Taiwan for 2 weeks!
personal life - a very good ex-colleague is tying the knot but I am still contemplating if I should attend cos I really do not know my schedule..but I really wanted to fly back to KL to attend cos I have not seen them for ages.. as I age, I feel it is important to maintain contacts with all my good friends!
Dec - possibly support, start of new projects.. planning Zach's 2nd birthday. Will not have a mega party but just a small party at McDonald's for the kids to have fun!
Lotsa celebration in Dec..our ROM anniversary and customary anniversary. Should we even celebrate both of them? Arrgghh... just celebrate a combined one will do-lah. Save $$
Will start once my UAT completes..it is driving me up the wall.
As a kickstart, will eat fruits for breaky and black coffee as well!
So Zach decided to kill time by snapping photos using my iPhone 3G!
I threw away 6 - 7 pairs of dated shoes yesterday and I have every intention of replacing them again..but of course if I ever find one that I love!
Us waiting to board the plane to BKK
Super single bed!
Lazing before shopping!
Yummilicious dinner + Tom Yum GoongI had tom yam goong 3 days in a row, some days twice a day till I thought I was having gastric on the last day of our trip.. :p
Need energy to shop? Have a hearty breakfast!
Us before having our tight knots removed by the experienced masseuse
Our loots from 1 day of shopping! Luckily we did not exceed the baggage weight!
Bye Bye BKK!
This trip was overall fun albeit rush! At least I have a decent 2-night sleep on a very good bed with 3 plush pillows and warm comforter..muahaha
Planning another trip soon..and will unveil a surprise pretty soon!
Did this set of nails last night at Yishun, a hom-based nail technician. Her skills are good and she is very friendly too.
Though the price is very steep but I simply love having nicely doned up nails.. it makes me happy to see them whenever I am typing on my keyboard.
I'll definitely refrain myself from going regularly, mabbe 5 weeks once?
We're bad parents. In order to enjoy 30 minutes of TV last night (hey, it's Buffetlicious), we turned on Zach's fave DVD show on the portable player.
Look at how serious he look and his eyes is actually squinting. Hope he do not need specs soon.
Bedtime is fun time. Some days we read stories, some days we sing-a-long. Last night was funny faces on camera.
Zach nose rubbing action
Ooppss.. Think I reached the max no of photos to be uploaded!
Reached Melbourne at 4 am SG time to a temp of 9deg!! Love the weather here... Zach was happy too.
Everyone is now catching some precious winks.. Hb did not sleep at all while Zach only manage a measly 4hrs. Me? Not impt whether I sleep or not cos who needs sleep when on hols??
Guess what? We're so gung-ho by not bringing Zach's stroller.. Quote hb 'we'll look for one here if the need arises'
Being a full-time working mom, I have to place him with my trusted babysitter, that came highly recommended by my bestie. She's godsend and I am lucky Zach loves her and her family as well! However, I can't help but feeling sad and jealous pang will hit at times because the amount of time I spend with him is only a mere 2 hours (exlcuding sleeping time of course) compared to him spending 12hrs with his nanny. Out of these 2 precious hours, 1/4 of it will go to preparing him for bedtime, me taking a shower, preparing his meals and packing his and my stuff for tomorrow.
I've read many articles and books that kids that Zach's age (before 3 years old) have brains akin a sponge, absorbing fast and so we have to guide them well.. It's like treating Zach as a piece of white paper and he is what we wants to write but if we decides not to write anything and let him be, he will turn out to be messed up and I do not want that to happen..hiak hiak
I bought many many books for him, trying to cultivate good reading habits but alas, I was not disciplined enough to sit down with him daily to read it with him *sad*.. the same goes for flash cards, educational toys, etc. Zach has loads of them, enough to accomodate a playgroup of 5 to 7 kids of his age!
I was always telling hubby how we ought to bring him to the park more often to expose himself to the nature instead of cooping inside air-conditioned malls every weekend and sadly, this never happened!
I AM GOING TO CHANGE! NO MORE PROCRASTINATING..
NATIONAL FAMILY CELEBRATIONS 2010 (NFC 2010)
Organised by the National Family Council, National Family Celebrations is an annual event which celebrates and reinforces the importance of families and family life. This year, Singaporeans are encouraged to make a personal commitment to their families by being a part of the Singapore Family Pledge Movement.
To provide opportunities for Singaporeans to follow through on the pledges to their families, there are a myriad of activities under the NFC 2010 calendar – which will interest the young, the old, and everyone in between! NFC 2010 will be held from 25 May to 26 June 2010, and this year marks the 25th Anniversary of the Celebrations. For more information on NFC 2010, visit www.nfc.sg
I was pretty busy travelling between KL <> Singapore <> Taiwan for the past weeks and I am now rushing to complete and send out some documentations and also finish up our Australia trip itinerary..been putting it off for the longest time ever and the trip is 2 weeks away!! Aiks..
I just need to sort out my thoughts and blog them.. =)
My trip to Taipei on 3rd May is confirmed and tickets were issued today and hotel booked too! Gonna be there for 5 working days..I will miss Zach very very much..Arrggh..this is the first time I will be away from him for so many days!!!
I will bring him back to my parents during my absence which means we will be travelling back to Klang next Saturday and another trip down to pick him up the following Saturday.
Rest for 2 more weeks and we will be off to Melbourne and it's surrounding cities..can't wait for our trip!
Then it will be a busy schedule at work!
Strong chocolatey taste and soft cottony texture!!