Initially wanted to get edible cupcake stickers but I din get ard measuring my cupcake liners.
Settled with this Moist Butter Cake adapted from Little Teochew Homecooking. She made this cake twice and both time it looks yummeh.
Tried it but din get to taste it though. However the aroma of the butter was still wafting around the house hours after! I knew this recipe is a keeper.
Moist Butter Cake (fr Little Teochew Homecooking
* I reduce the amount of sugar since it's meant for children's consumption.
195g all-purpose flour
180g sugar (original calls for 250g and Little Teochew reduce to 200g)
1 egg + 1 egg yolk
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
12 tbsp milk
- Mix flour, salt & baking powder in a clean bowl
- in a separate bowl, beat at medium softened butter & sugar till light and fluffy
- add in the eggs & vanilla essence and combine well.
- mix in flour alternating with milk combining well after each addition.
- pour batter in a baking pan for 40mins at 190 degree. My oven needed 50 minutes.
If the top of the cake darkens before it finish baking, cover with a piece of aluminium paper. :)
The end product! I hope all the kids loves it.