This recipe is a keeper! I was blog-hopping yesterday and chanced upon this particular recipe from Chunky Cooky.
As from the header of her recipe, it states Fuss-Free and indeed she is right! All I need is 10 minutes of preparation and 15 minutes of baking. No mess on my kitchen counter since only 2 bowls are needed for this muffins.
Chocolate Chips Muffins (recipe adapted from Chunky Cooky and I've made some slight modifications)
112g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 tbsp cocoa powder (I used Valhorna cocoa powder which explains the color of my cuppies)
84g sugar (I reduced to 70g since I am not a fan of overly sweet cakes)
70g chocolate chips
120ml chocolate milk
45ml vegetable oil (I used corn oil)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Pre-heat oven to 200 degree. Line your muffin pan.
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a bowl (plain flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda)
- In a separate bowl, mix milk, oil, egg and vanilla extract together. Add in sugar and chocolate chips.
- Sieve in the dry ingredients on top. Mix quickly and lightly.
- Using an ice cream scoop, put a scoop of batter into prepared cups up till 3/4 full. Sprinkle the top generously with chocolate chips
- Bake for 15 minutes or until well-risen. Mine formed a very nice dome. Cool in wire racks.