Korean Sesame Tapioca Mochi Bread


The Korean mochi bread was a craze months ago. I can still remember when we were all part of the Munch Ministry Facebook group, everyone was rushing to the Korean minimart to get a box of the premix. Not sure if this is the cause of islandwide out of stock scene for this premix! Haha...

I bought myself 2 boxes of the bread mix a month ago when I was at Tampines One for dinner. Only when we reached home, I knew each box comes with 2 packet of bread mix which means I now have 4 packets = 4x to bake this. Zzzz.. luckily each packet only yield 10 mochi bread and we can easily finish them between me, the husband and my youngest son who eat everything mummy bake or cook. ;)

Korean Sesame Tapioca Mochi Bread (yield 10 mochi bread)

- 1 packet of bread mix (250g each packet)
- 1 egg
- 90ml milk or water


How?
- In a bowl, lightly beat egg and add in milk.
- Put in a packet of premix.


- Mix well until dough is form and it no longer stick to your hand.
- Divide dough into portion of 40g each and shape into balls.
- Place them 2 inches apart on lined baking sheet.


- Let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Before placing it into preheated oven, spray the top of the shaped dough with some water (the mochi will have a crispy top).
- Bake for 30 minutes.


This mochi bread is best eaten fresh from the oven. Heat it up lightly if you leave it to the following day.
My verdict of this: crispy on the outside, chewy inside.

You can add in filling of your choice; red bean paste or chocolate chips or even dried fruits like raisins or cranberries to give it a different twist.


No comments: