The One about Food

I generally loves to cook and bake, making a point to at least cook over the weekend be it dinner or making something special for hubby and Zach. Cooking is always a huge thing for me, y is that so? I can't help but to use up alot of utensils, plates, bowls etc and not to mention wasting alot of water during the process as well.

Last month during the CNY period, our utilities bill came up to a whopping $200plus and mainly due to increase water & electric usage - I made cookies, roast pork, ngoh hiang..

Cooking on weekday is definitely a no no because after cooking, I HAVE TO clean the kitchen stove, wipe the counter top and the surrounding items, mop the floor, not only kitchen but the entire house, make sure the rooms dun smell of the food I cooked!! Cooked for 1 hour but the clean up process takes me 3hrs!! I'll be so darn tired by the end of it. However, last Tues was different. Surfed the web and found out that this food blogger cooked her 'Rice Cooker' Chicken Rice by putting everything in at one go and let it cook..I tried. It's a breeze but we can't be having chicken rice 5-day in a row, right?


I bought chicken wings from Cold Storage on Monday night, washed them, cut them up into 2 parts. Marinade with dark soy sauce, oyster sauce, pepper, salt, sesame oil with some bruised ginger. On Tuesday morning, I soaked 2 mushroom but I forgot all abt them till i reached office, so my mushroom turned out to be oversoaked and mushy..gross!! After returning from work, I wash the rice, put in enough water, cut some chinese sausage, put in the chicken wings and wait!! 20 minutes later... we have this

Starting from March, we decided to order dinner delivery. We had dinner delivery since last year but alternate months. Food was bad...I meant the quality is really poor and I don't understand why do they get good reviews in the first place.

There was alot of good raves on Mom's Cooking. They only use Canola oil and no MSG were added..but it comes with a steeper price, $400 for 2 person 3 dish 1 soup. Taste like home-cooked meal esp the soup!! Yummy...

Broccoli + Mushroom, Pork Chop, Mayo Salmon, Corn Soup

No comments: