Moist Blueberry Muffins

Blueberries are in season! S$10 for 4 punnets. Very good deal and the berries are very plump and juicy too. What best to do with 4 punnets than using it for muffins.


When I told boys mummy baking Blueberry Muffins, they were happy! Zach even took 2 muffins to school today I am lazy to use my beater not that I have to wash them but just feeling bleah. You know.. I get these moments more lately. Hate it.. been slacking.

I used recipe from Sally's Baking Addiction. Very good muffin and naturally I reduced the sugar by almost half. It is also very easy to bake. Less than an hour including baking and you get moist muffins.

Banana flavored milk


Moist Blueberry Muffins (makes 6 medium sized muffins) - recipe adapted from here
*I have tweaked the recipe slightly to suit my taste and ingredients availability

1 1/2 cup cake flour (I used cake flour instead)
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 egg, room temperature
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup banana milk (I used the famous Korean brand banana milk)
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 punnets of blueberries
some coarse sugar for sprinkling (optional)

How?
- Preheat oven to 210C and line muffin pan with cupcake liners
- Whisk all the dry ingredients; flour, baking powder and salt
- In a separate bowl, whisk egg and sugar until combined.
- Add in the remaining wet ingredients; coconut oil, milk & vanilla extract
- Create a well in the flour and pour the wet mixture into the flour.

This is the part where we need to be careful not to overmix. You want moist and soft muffins and not dense.

- Mix until no visible pockets of flour can be seen.
- Add in blueberries and give it a few quick stir
- Pour batter into prepared tin, sprinkle coarse sugar on top.
- Bake at 210C for 5 minutes before lowering temperature to 180C and bake for additional 20 minutes

Try it.. definitely a keeper!


No comments: