I bought a block of Philadelphia cheese and some white chocolate from Paris quite some time ago and the expiry date is nearing. What better to use them up than the 3 ingredients Souffle Cheesecake by Ochikeron. View the YouTube video here.
It is really simple to prepare but I think the baking is a tad too tricky. Wrong temperature or timing will make the cake sink..So I am going to watch it like a hawk (it's baking as I am typing this entry).
Souffle Cheesecake (by Ochikeron)
3 cold eggs (70g each), separated
120g white chocolate
125g cream cheese
- Line a 6" or 7" round pan, grease the side with butter. Line the side higher than the pan's height.
- Preheat oven to 170 degree Celcius.
- While you are preparing the pan and chocolate cheese mixture, put egg white into fridge.
- Using bain marie, melt white chocolate, becareful not to over do it. You do not want the chocolates to be separated.
- Remove pot from heat and add in cream cheese. Mix well until all combined.
- Remove the bowl from pot and add in egg yolks. Mix until well combined. Set aside.
- Whisk egg white until firm peak forms.
- Take 1/3 of meringue and mix with chocolate cheese mixture.
- Pour in remaining meringue and using the whisk, combine gently, careful not to deflate the egg white.
- Pour batter into lined pan.
- Steam bake at 170 degree for 15 minutes, followed by 160 degree for 15 minutes and then turn off the heat and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Leave the cake to cool completely before removing from pan.
- Cake is best served chilled