Passionfruit Chiffon Cake

Few weeks ago (yes, you read it right..it was few weeks ago) the usual durian stall that I frequent happen to sell passionfruit. I love passionfruit for its juiciness with a tinge of sour in it. Uncle was nice to gave me 500g free of charge!!
I had some leftovers and decided to make chiffon cake out of them using Kevin Chai's recipe. Tweaked them a little bit according to my liking. I doubled the recipe as my tube pan is 20cm and this recipe call for 2 eggs only.

Passionfruit Chiffon Cake (adapted fr Kevin Chai)
Egg yolk batter
4 egg yolks
40ml cooking oil - you can use canola or corn oil.
100g passionfruit - this is approximately 2 passionfruit. Mash them up a bit
30g caster sugar - I reduced this amount because passionfruit is sweet
80g self-raising flour

Egg White mixture
4 egg whites
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
40g caster sugar - I did not double the amount of sugar

How?
- In a clean bowl, combine egg yolk, oil, sugar, passionfruit pulp. Fold in sifted flour.
- Mix until it forms batter.
- In a separate clean bowl, beat egg whites with cream of tartar until its frothy.
- Put in sugar gradually when soft peak forms. Beat egg white until a stage before stiff peak.
- Fold in 1/3 of egg white mixture into egg batter. Repeat for remaining egg whites mixture.
- Pour batter into tube pan.
- Bake at preheated oven of 170C for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and invert cake to cool.
Egg yolk batter




Inverting the cake to cool it down

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ӏ κnoω this sіtе оffeгs quаlіty basеԁ articles or rеviеωs and aԁditional ѕtuff,
is there any other ωеb pаge whісh gives such
things in quality?

my page :: how do nootropics improve cognitive function
My web-site - how do nootropics improve brain power