I had some leftovers and decided to make chiffon cake out of them using Kevin Chai's recipe. Tweaked them a little bit according to my liking. I doubled the recipe as my tube pan is 20cm and this recipe call for 2 eggs only.
80g self-raising flour
Egg White mixture
4 egg whites
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
40g caster sugar - I did not double the amount of sugar
- In a clean bowl, combine egg yolk, oil, sugar, passionfruit pulp. Fold in sifted flour.
- Mix until it forms batter.
- In a separate clean bowl, beat egg whites with cream of tartar until its frothy.
- Put in sugar gradually when soft peak forms. Beat egg white until a stage before stiff peak.
- Fold in 1/3 of egg white mixture into egg batter. Repeat for remaining egg whites mixture.
- Pour batter into tube pan.
- Bake at preheated oven of 170C for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and invert cake to cool.
Egg yolk batter